Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hard Heavy Rain.

Today was a day of off and on showers. When I got ready and left for work no rain but a very dark and ugly cloud heading my way. Work is 15 to 20 minutes away depending on traffic, well I thought I would just make it, and would have if I didn't hit every light on the way.

The rain started 1.5 miles from work, and by the time I was 1 mile from work the sky open traffic slowed and the water on the road just stood there and got deeper.
The ruts in the road hold lots of water and SUV drivers had great fun drown me in it, if I slowed down they slowed down, so I let them have their fun.

When I arrived at work, my jacket was soaked but my shirt was dry, my pants soaked, but this is not bad, as we have at work a drying room with a glove drier and a clothes dryer, and I keep a change of clothes in my locker so I was able to work dry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HV,

Interesting you don't carry extra rain proof gear. I carry a cycling rain protection overalls...they are lite, convenient, and folds neatly away.

HEAVYVINOand TANTOR said...

at six miles it takes longer to put on than to ride to work. spare cloths are just easier in the warm time of year.