Monday, October 15, 2007

For Blog Action Day

When I saw the request for bloggers for blog action day I thought that sounded like fun, so here go's.
I started riding a scooter to save money, gas was close to three dollars a gallon at the time, and my truck gets 20 MPG where my scooter gets 80 MPG. I am now spending less than 10 dollars a month on fuel.
My truck a Toyota Tacoma has a 2400 cc, four cylinder engine, my scooter a Yamaha Vino 125 has a 125 cc single cylinder engine. This means that I have 75% fewer pistons, with an engine that is 95% smaller, and gets four times the mileage.
Instead of putting pounds of emission into the air I am putting ounces out over the same distance. I also have a smaller vehicle and that mean that my damage to the road is a lot less.
So I am not only polluting less but with less wear on the road I am doing my part there also, they don't have to repair the road as often, so that means, they have less pavement to dispose of, and also less pavement they have to make, which in turn means less traffic just sitting there with their engines running, pumping out exhaust and not getting anything for it.
I started riding to benefit myself but it turns out I am benefiting the world and my fellow humans also.

No comments: