Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Reactions

I would like to apologize for my lack of posts lately, but with Family trips, a death in the family and my sons recent surgery, I just haven't had the time.

I love the reaction of small children when they see me on my scooter.
The other day I was going to Costco to have lunch with my wife. While stopped for a light , a father and son, he was maybe 5 or 6 walked across the street.
When they got to the other side the little fellow turned and waved, so I waved back. I heard him tell dad "He waved at me, He waved at me" in the excited pitch of kid when they get excited.
So I gave a little beep of the horn, It was then he got very excited and bounced up and down and yelled happily "He honked at me, He honked at me."
At which time dad turned around and waved with a big smile on his face.
I then went to lunch with my wife and related this encounter to her.

One other thing that I like to do is, if I am near a young boy as I lift up the front of my modular helmet is to make a hissing Phht type of sound. Like my helmet was sealed and I broke the seal.
They always smile.

No comments: